When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. (Luke 24:30-31, NIV)
How do you meet when you gather in an Emmaus Road Life Group? Here are a few guidelines for a fruitful “Jesus-encounter” meeting:
- Share your struggles with each other. No one is perfect. We all need a helping hand.
- Encourage each other. We all need our hopes to be lifted up again.
- Pray for each other. Spiritual encouragement goes a long way.
- Read the word of God. Discover gems of life together. Listen to Jesus together.
- Share testimonies. Celebrate the new things and wonders that God is doing in your midst.
Celebrate communion together—whether it be coffee or a meal. Remember him through simple things in life.